Terms of Service
Thank you for using the Griddable Inc. (“Company” or “we” or “our” or “us”) website at [www.griddable.io] (the “Site”). These Terms of Site (“Agreement”) governs your browsing, viewing and other use of the Site.
Please read this Agreement carefully, as it (among other things) provides in Section 11 that you and the Company will arbitrate certain claims instead of going to court and that you will not bring class action claims against the Company. Please only use the Site if you agree to be legally bound by all terms and conditions herein. Your acceptance of this Agreement creates a legally binding contract between you and the Company. If you do not agree with any aspect of this Agreement, then do not use the Site.
Note for Children. Use of the Site by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that are you at least 13 years of age.
The Site allows for users to upload content that may be viewed by other users. As further described in Section 4.4, inappropriate content, including without limitation content that is obscene, pornographic or defamatory, is not allowed and is subject to removal. If you see any prohibited content within the Site, please notify the Company. Users who upload prohibited content may have their accounts terminated.
- Representations and Warranties.You represent, warrant and covenant that, in connection with this Agreement or the Site, you will not and will not attempt to: (i) violate any laws, third party rights or our community guidelines and other policies; (ii) offer for sale or rent, sell or rent, purchase or otherwise transfer, deal in or dispose of illegal products or services or products or services that encourage illegal activities, controlled substances, offensive materials, stocks or other securities, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, firearms, weapons, explosives, hazardous materials, any item that has been subject to a recall or that you believe may be unsafe when used in an ordinary manner, alcohol, tobacco products, animals, plants or seeds; (iii) re-join or attempt to use the Site if the Company has banned or suspended you; (iv) defraud the Company or another user; or (vi) use another user’s account or allow another person to use your user account. Any illegal activities undertaken in connection with the Site may be referred to the authorities.
- Ownership; Proprietary Rights.As between you and the Company, the Company owns all worldwide right, title and interest, including all intellectual property and other proprietary rights, in and to the Site and all usage and other data generated or collected in connection with the use thereof (the “Company Materials”). Except for as expressly set forth herein, you agree not to license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make any unauthorized use of the Company Materials. You agree not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, algorithm or programs underlying the Company Materials. The Company reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Site or any version(s) thereof at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
- Third Party Sites.The Site may include advertisements or other links that allow you to access web sites or other online services that are owned and operated by third parties. You acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible and shall have no liability for the content of such third party sites and services, products or services made available through them, or your use of or interaction with them.
4.1 The Site may allow you and other users to upload, post and share text, images, audio and video, including in a manner such that it may be viewed by other end users of the Site (“Media”). You acknowledge that all posted Media is stored on and made available through the Site by the Company’s servers and not on your device.
4.2 You understand that all Media is provided to you through the Site only on an “as-available” basis and the Company does not guarantee that the availability of Media will be uninterrupted or bug free. You agree you are responsible for all of your Media and all activities that occur under your user account.
4.3 You shall retain all of your ownership rights in your Media. You hereby grant the Company a worldwide, non-exclusive, fully paid-up, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, display, transmit and prepare derivative works of your Media, and to additionally distribute and publicly perform Media in connection with the Site and the Company’s (and its successor’s) business, in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant to each user of the Site a non-exclusive license to access and view your Media as permitted by the functionality of the Site and this Agreement. The aforementioned licenses will terminate with respect to any particular item of your Media when you or the Company remove it from the Site, provided that (i) any sublicenses may be perpetual and irrevocable and (ii) you acknowledge that such licenses survive to the extent necessary for a copy of your Media to be retained by the Company.
4.4 In connection with your Media, you further agree that you will not: (i) use material that is subject to third party intellectual property or proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant the Company all of the license rights granted herein; (ii) use material that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, obscene, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, violate any law or is otherwise inappropriate; or (iii) post advertisements or marketing content or solicitations of business, or any content of a commercial nature. The Company may investigate an allegation that any Media does not conform this to Agreement and may determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to remove such Media, which it reserves the right to do at any time.
4.5 You hereby acknowledge that you may be exposed to Media from other users that is inaccurate, offensive, obscene, indecent, or objectionable when using the Site, and further acknowledge that the Company does not control the Media posted by Site users and does not have any obligation to monitor such content for any purpose.
- Prohibited Uses.As a condition of your use of the Site, you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement. You may not use the Site in any manner that in our sole discretion could damage, disable, overburden, impair or interfere with any other party’s use of it. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site. You agree not to scrape or otherwise use automated means to access or gather information from the Site, and agree not to bypass any robot exclusion measures we may put into place. In addition, you agree not to use false or misleading information in connection with your user account, and acknowledge that we reserve the right to disable any user account with a profile which we believe (in our sole discretion) is false or misleading (including a profile that impersonates a third party).
- Additional Terms.When you use certain features or materials on the Site, or participate in a particular promotion, event or contest through the Site, such use or participation may be subject to additional terms and conditions posted on the Site. Such additional terms and conditions are hereby incorporated within this Agreement, and you agree to comply with such additional terms and conditions with respect to such use or participation.
- Termination.You may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any reason or for no reason, by deleting your Site account by contacting us at [email@example.com]. You agree that the Company, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate this Agreement, your account or your use of the Site, at any time and without notice. The Company may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Site, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that the Company shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any such termination. Sections 1, 2, 3, 4.3, 5 and 7 through 12 will survive any termination of this Agreement.
- Disclaimers; No Warranties.THE SITE AND ANY MEDIA, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY AND ITS LICENSORS, SITE PROVIDERS AND PARTNERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. THE COMPANY AND ITS LICENSORS, SITE PROVIDERS AND PARTNERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE AVAILABLE THE FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY THEREOF ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- Indemnification.You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and its affiliated companies, and each of their officers, directors and employees, harmless from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, (any of the foregoing, a “Claim”) arising out of or relating to your use or misuse of the Site, breach of this Agreement or infringement, misappropriation or violation of the intellectual property or other rights of any other person or entity, provided that the foregoing does not obligate you to the extent the Claim arises out of the Company’s willful misconduct or gross negligence. The Company reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims.
- Limitation of Liability and Damages.UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTNERS, LICENSORS OR SITE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT ARISE OUT OF OR RELATE TO THE SITE, INCLUDING YOUR USE THEREOF, OR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH THE COMPANY, EVEN IF THE COMPANY OR A COMPANY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, IN WHICH CASE THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTNERS, LICENSORS OR SITE PROVIDERS TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE EXCEED ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS.
11.1 Agreement to Arbitrate. This Section 11 is referred to herein as the “Arbitration Agreement.” The parties that any and all controversies, claims, or disputes between you and Company arising out of, relating to, or resulting from this Agreement, shall be subject to binding arbitration pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Arbitration Agreement, and not any court action (other than a small claims court action to the extent the claim qualifies). The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
11.2 Class Action Waiver. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT EACH PARTY MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH PARTIES AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S).
11.3 Procedures. Arbitration will be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with the American Arbitration Association’s (“AAA”) rules and procedures (the “AAA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. If there is any inconsistency between the AAA Rules and this Arbitration Agreement, the terms of this Arbitration Agreement will control unless the arbitrator determines that the application of the inconsistent Arbitration Agreement terms would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration. The arbitrator must also follow the provisions of this Agreement as a court would, including without limitation, the limitation of liability provisions in Section 16. You may visit http://www.adr.org for information on the AAA and http://www.adr.org/fileacase for information on how to file a claim against the Company.
11.4 Venue. The arbitration shall be held in the county in which you reside or at another mutually agreed location. If the value of the relief sought is $10,000 or less, you or Company may elect to have the arbitration conducted by telephone or based solely on written submissions, which election shall be binding on each party, but subject to the arbitrator’s discretion to require an in-person hearing if the circumstances warrant. Attendance at any in-person hearing may be made by telephone by either or both parties unless the arbitrator requires otherwise.
11.5 Governing Law. The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the state of California, without regard to its conflicts of laws rules, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different Site users, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving you to the extent required by applicable law.
11.6 Costs of Arbitration. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees (collectively, the “Arbitration Fees“) will be governed by the AAA’s Rules. Each party will be responsible for all other fees it incurs in connection with the arbitration, including without limitation, all attorney fees.
11.7 Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
11.8 Severability. If a court decides that any term or provision of this Arbitration Agreement other than Section 11.2 is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Arbitration Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified. If a court decides that any of the provisions of Section 11.2 is invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void. The remainder of this Agreement will continue to apply.
- Miscellaneous.The Company may make modifications, deletions and/or additions to this Agreement (“Changes”) at any time. Changes will be effective: (i) thirty (30) days after the Company provides notice of the Changes, whether such notice is provided through the Site user interface, is sent to the e-mail address associated with your account or otherwise; or (ii) when you opt-in or otherwise expressly agree to the Changes or a version of this Agreement incorporating the Changes, whichever comes first. Under this Agreement, you consent to receive communications from the Company electronically. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Site that is not subject to arbitration under Section 11 shall be filed only in the state or federal courts in California (or a small claims court of competent jurisdiction) and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. The failure of any party at any time to require performance of any provision of this Agreement shall in no manner affect such party’s right at a later time to enforce the same. A waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same or other provisions of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by the Company without restriction. This is the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and shall not be modified except in a writing, signed by both parties, or by a change to this Agreement made by the Company as set forth herein.
- More Information; Complaints.The services hereunder are offered by Griddable Inc., located at [2540 North 1st Street, Suite 201, San Jose, CA 95131].